Re: Rocna 33 anchor- does it fits without modification on Super Maramu 2000

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Slavko,

We use the 40kg (88lb) Rocna on our 1990 SM#23. It's a great anchor that has never let us down and fits well on our bow roller. We use with 3/8" G4 chain and no swivel. My advice is the same as others have already said, go bigger, go for the 40kg.

I helped fit the 40kg on another Super Maramu (PITU) earlier this year. It fit well. I don't recall the hull number but PITU's bow roller was different than ours.

We've been on anchor in Opua, NZ since January 2020. The only issue we've had is other yachts dragging into us during strong easterly storms.

We also rode out cyclone Sarai at Big Mama's Yacht Club while in Tonga. Sustained 65kts, gusts over 70kts, our 88lb Rocna didn't budge. This included a 180deg reversal in wind direction as the Low center passed right over us. We did have a second anchor out (65lb CQR) taking some of the strain and reducing veer, but the Rocna was doing the primary holding. A good test and confidence builder that I'm in no rush to repeat :-)

We've used the 40kg Rocna since leaving New England in 2017. We spend the vast majority of our time on anchor. The Rocna got us all the way to NZ and continues to hold strong. Long story short... I highly recommend this anchor.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM#23
Opua, NZ

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, 1:16 AM Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:

Hello,

after waking at 6 a clock in 30m of water and 200m from shore I have decided to stop fighting original Amel anchor.
on my previous boat I had Delta and it was good for 17 years.
After reading posts and some investigation and possibility of fast delivery I have decided for Rocna 33. What is the latest experience with this anchor (I can have it delivered here in Croatia  in less then week), and does it fit without modification on SM 2000?

Thank you
--
Slavko
SM 2000