Onan Generator Exhaust thru hull

Richie Whyte

Hi All
I am in the middle of a mini refit and I’d like to check something with those of you that know better. My Onan generator exhaust seems to flow into a reinforced rubber hose and from that it eventually goes out through the hole in the side of the boat. This hose is siliconed in place. The silicone is perished and the whole setup feels like a forgotten running repair to me - there is no proper thruhull as can be seen from the pic. Is this as it should be and if not do you know what should be here instead?
Many thanks

Richie

Richie Whyte
Why Knot (formerly GUMA)