From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richie Whyte
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2021 8:28 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Onan Generator Exhaust thru hull

Hi Bill
Thank you for your reply and for allaying my fears. Your Amel criteria point is well taken. I went through the engine exhaust posts and unless I’m mistaken the preferred solution is to replace like with like..excavate the silicone out, replace the hose if needs be and reconstruct the silicone bung that the hose passes through.
Your suggestion would be the direction I would naturally lean towards however and inclined as I am to keep the boat as Amel as possible I suspect my marine contractor will agree…but we’ll see next week.

Many thanks for your help

Richie

Richie Whyte
Why Knot (formerly GUMA)