Re: Refrigeration guy in Volos Greece

Arno Luijten

Hi,

I don't want to kill off your optimism but the leak may be a bit less easy to fix. In my case the leak was in the heat-exchanger on the compressor. What happened is the sea-water corroded trough the tube-wall that separates the water from the cooling-gas allowing the gas to escape via the seawater-route.
In my case the solution was to replace the compressor as the heat-exchanger is not supplied alone.
While at it make sure the compressor/heat-exchanger is well connected to the earth bonding system as this protects the system from corroding even faster.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121