Re: Battery Switches

Patrick McAneny

Eric ,In trying to track down my issue I have done that and the voltage was the same. When the engine will not start,if I switch the switch on and off several times ,often the engine will then start. Thus I believe the contacts inside the switch are either worn or corroded. But I have not forgotten what you said, and will look at the condition of the wires.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Aug 4, 2021 11:47 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Battery Switches

Hi Pat,
Just for laughs.
Test the voltage between the lead posts on the starter battery and the connections at the back of the switch.
I found that the cables were internally corroded as Amel uses welding cable and not tinned marine wire, Once I changed the cables the engine started very quickly,
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Patrick McAneny via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 12:01 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Paul, I just went out to the boat and it took a hard pull or two ,but the handle did come off. Did you access the inside to clean the contacts,if so ,was there any problem getting the back off. It won't come as a surprise to you , Georgetown Marina went into foreclosure last year due to poor management.
Thanks for the tip,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Aug 4, 2021 8:33 am
The handle on my switch is just to pill off just friction holding it in place.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM # 259; Las Palmas

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.