Re: Zinc Anodes

Courtney Gorman

You can punch out the copper very easily then they fit
Cheers 🥂

On Aug 5, 2021, at 8:48 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

The Amel factory zinc is about a R5 size. I use a R7 and just drill it out a bit.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Thomas Peacock
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2021 8:44 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Zinc Anodes

Hi Rick,

I’m assuming you are talking about the anodes on the rudder. We have used similar sized US anodes, widely available, and just drill the center a little bit so that the bolt will go through. I don’t think having the threads is critical.

Where in Rock Hall are you? We base at North Point.

Tom Peacock

SM 240 Aletes

Chesapeake Bay

On Aug 5, 2021, at 7:36 AM, Rick Stanley <rstanley907@...> wrote:

Hey Folks,

Wondering if anyone has a good source for metric anodes on the US easr coast. The ones I'm replacing have a 10mm threaded brass sheath in the middle to take the bolt. Any ideas? I've called abound a bit, no luck so far.

Thanks,
Rick Stanley
S/V Althea, SM2K
Rock Hall, MD