Re: Vetus Coupling Failure

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Kevin, I cant help other than to say these used to be readily available when I needed new bushes. But I will say you were very lucky it was the vetus coupling that failed. One SM I know got a prop wrap and the pressure caused the housing of the C drive to split.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 14 August 2021 at 04:47 Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:

Hello,

we are currently stuck n Rockland, ME after hitting a lobster pot and fracturing our Vetus Coupling.  In addition to replacing the rubber bushings (Vetus kit #K018), I also need to replace the broken aluminum hub assembly (two pieces) and possibly new 8 cm bolts.

Does anyone have Vetus part#’s and possibly a US Supplier to FedEx my order?

many thanks to this great, supportive group.
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA