Re: Vetus Coupling Failure

Mike Ondra

Kevin and Kristen,
ust arrived in Rockland this afternoon. Would be interested in meeting tomorrow, Saturday.. Where are you located in the Harbor? We’re on the schooner dock near the ferry terminal.

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM #240

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore. Dream. Discover.

- Mark Twain

On Aug 13, 2021, at 1:26 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Sorry,

I did not read your entire post.

I would still disconnect the coupling and disk brake to see if the drive spins freely. I would also check your prop.

The removal of this coupling has been covered several times on this site . You will also have to fabricate 4 new bolts from threaded rod. I have included a few photos of the replacement of my coupling, the Vetus disc from vetus and the remanufactured disck from Amel, and a method to remove  the disk if it is stuck on the C drive shaft.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376