From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Kaplan,Andre
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 9:00 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] New engine for 1988 Mango

To all fellow Amelians

I have a 1988 Mango with a 4-236 Perkins engine with 13000 hours. Engine runs great, no smoke and good oil analysis. Unfortunately the engine starter has failed. I’m in a busy marina in Connecticut and over last 3 months they have found 4 replacement starters but none have worked… either they did not fit, had wrong voltage (my boat is 12 volts) or defective actuator. I am now wondering if I will ever be able to secure new starter and I am now considering a new engine…

I am asking for any advice on what options I have for a new engine… Any opinions would be greatly appreciated..

Andre Kaplan

Mango 71 88

On Aug 17, 2021, at 7:18 PM, Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...> wrote:

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***

Matt, You did not give your location, but if in the States ,I just bought a new alternator thru Hardin Marine for my Volvo TMD22a ,as I discovered my old one did not have an isolated ground ,be sure to buy one that is isolated.

Pat

SM Shenanigans

Sassafras ,Md.