Re: Wind generators

Ron Hynes

I installed a silent wind generator about four years ago and have never been happy with it. The output is minimal and it is anything but silent! At the same time I put on Solara panels and have been extremely pleased with their performance and durability. I only have 300 watts so the maximum output it’s close to 12 A where three or four hours at maximum sun.

Ron Hynes
954.319.0944

On Aug 20, 2021, at 9:55 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Wind - I always recommend solar.

I tried for years to get real-life data on any wind generator and found no actual useable data to construct a cost/benefit model. Sure I got the reports like, "one day a month ago we got XXX amps from the wind." Or, "it is always turning."

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 8:42 AM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
Do not now about wind, but this year we replaced our 5 year old solar panels and replaced the with Sunpower maxium 3. 2x400 w is just a fraction larger surface that the old 3x150 w, A hug improvements. I often see peak watt close to 500w and occasionally around 540 w, During July we touched 3 Kwh for a full day each, yesterday as an example we reached 2,3 but the battery was full well before the end of the day and superhot (high temp reduce output)  We have litium and 1,4Kw of solar so do not need to run the panels constantly during a day, even though we cock food on induction, and make hot water through the inverter. But it is still summer and long day, sure I will need them all when days get shorter
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259, Gran Canaria.