Gap between the mizzen mast step and the rear cabin top on a Maramu

Marco Baldan

Dear Amel Owners Group,

Looking for a Maramu, yesterday I visited a unit for sale. The boat looks in good overall conditions but I noticed a gap between the mizzen mast support and the rear cabin top. Also the main-mast backstay chain-plate shows a gap.
The owner told me he contacted the Amel Owners Group in the past and was told this is fairly common on the Maramu and not a problem.
Has any of you, Maramu owners, experienced something similar? Is it a matter of concern? Worth glassing/fixing it?

Thanks for your advice/feedback,
marco baldan