CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 11:14 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Hi George,

 You will not be the first to do this. There was an SM called Bali Hai, based in Malta, whose owners did the same. Since sold, I don't know where it is today.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Kilada, Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of George Green via groups.io <gdagreen=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: 22 August 2021 15:46
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Super Maramu Rear Cabin - Proposed New Top hatch

We love our 2004/5 SM COCO, currently on the hard in Greece.

As part of a post COVID set of upgrades while staying on the hard, we are considering installing a full size Lewmar style hatch, opening forward, on the roof of the rear master cabin, when we ,hopefully get back to Greece in mid-September. My wife finds it pretty hot in this cabin, at anchor in the summer due to little or no direct airflow.  Yes , we do have a wind scoop ,  which can be hooked through the rear hatch, but this has limited effectiveness.

If anyone has tried this, i would welcome their experiences and constructive comments, even alternate solutions   I am aware there is a a degree of slope on this deck roof which may involve some extra work.

Many thanks

George
Amel SM 434