From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 11:28 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Super Maramu Rear Cabin - Proposed New Top hatch

Regrettably, Bali Hai was lost in the Atlantic near the US shore when the crew abandoned her.

Here are some photos of an aft cabin hatch install on a SM. I do not recommend the wooden outside spacer used in this modification. If an external spacer is used I believe it should be fabricated from GRP.

That coach roof is balsa filled, so any penetration should be done by experienced people and care should be taken that the exposed balsa in sealed correctly.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 11:14 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi George,

 You will not be the first to do this. There was an SM called Bali Hai, based in Malta, whose owners did the same. Since sold, I don't know where it is today.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Kilada, Greece