Re: Deck restoring

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Mark, the gel coat restorer is a clear liquid that soaks into the gel coat and lifts the colour. I applied it by wiping and rubbing it in with a rag. Took me about half an hour to do the whole lot. I was warned not to apply it thickly and this has been confirmed since by Joel Potter. The striping. That took a lot longer. Did the striping first. The paint I used straight from the can. The boat painter told me I didn't need to flatten it.  The restorer was (copied off the label) Owatrolgel coat and surface restorer. Gel Coat restorer. Marine Polytrol. I got it through ebay as I did the striping tool. The paint I used in the striper was recommended by a marine boat painter of many years experience. Isotal enamel single pot. It flowed in the striper really well. A job well worth doing.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 23 August 2021 at 06:08 Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,

Looks awesome!!! Can you share the tint or color code you used to match the gel-coat color? Also, how did you obtain the matte finish for the paint, or is it matte paint.

Thanks,

Mark