Re: Deck restoring

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Danny,

Great results! Did you do any surface prep before applying the stripes? What about for the gel coat restorer?

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Ian, I just measured it. Looks like 2mm. I worked in arm reach lengths. Reach out, pull towards you on one side of the groove then reach out and pull towards you other side. Then I got experience and did three runs. One towards, one push back the other way and then a third towards. Trick is when you enter the slot to hit it right or you get a blob on the edge. The three stripe method had the advantage of just one entry. I think the paint I used was perfect. It flowed well.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 23 August 2021 at 20:19 "ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...>" <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,

 Do you know which head width you used on the Buegler ?

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Kilada