Re: "Meeting" Henri ! (the hurricane, not the Captain)

Matt Salatino

We are in Turkey at the moment. We were in Northport, NY for Hurricane Sandy. NY and the lower Hudson took a beating. We were 35 miles east, and the max winds hit 38 kn. We were in a very protected anchorage, on moorings, and had no issue. The locals were wonderful. One guy came over the day before in his runabout, he lived in a McMansion on the water near our boat, offering for us to stay in his guest house for the storm. After going through a dozen storms in Florida, I didn’t expect it to be too bad in Northport. It wasn’t. Several boaters had a pool. The one who guessed the closest to the max winds, bought beer for everyone. I won (lost)…..