From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Harries via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 9:25 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bali Hai Abandoned

There were likely other factors such as:
Profound sea sickness

Unable to deploy drone or sea anchor

Physical injuries from being thrown about

Psychological impact if skipper and Admiral disagree on strategy.

It is very interesting that even calm, collective individuals can have a change of mindset under adverse conditions when serial failures also occur. This pattern is often seen aviation disasters but also in other venues such as the operating room! Some have described it as a temporary brain fog, a bit like when we are lost but fail to accept the fact when reconciling assumed position with chart or map.

--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer