Re: Bowman DC60-XCC Transmission Oil Cooler Failure; ZF Hurth ZF 25; Yanmar 4JH3-HTE #lessons

Joerg Esdorn

Thanks very much, Mark, for the post!  My oil cooler on the 55 looks like the photo Bill posted.  When I get back to the boat in September, I can take a look to see what make and model it is and report back to the group.  I‘ve cleaned it out twice - once after 2 years from the boat being new, there was a surprising amount of debris in it.  The next time, after 3 years, there was none.  It was all copper inside and I think it‘s likely a smart idea to replace the cooler after 5 years or so.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle