Re: Solar panels stainless steel mounted vs soft panels

Bill Kinney

Another perspective:

We have 630 Watts of solar panels on an arch that supply roughly half of our electrical needs. A good reliable, efficient system that greatly reduces our genset runtime.

We really, really REALLY appreciate the ability to fold down our bimini/dodger at a moments notice, and we do--a lot.  On a cloudy day, at night on passage to watch the stars, for visibility while maneuvering in close quarters, for communication while anchoring, while fishing.  For this reason we would never encumber our dodger with solar panels.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA