Re: WaterLift Muffler for Volvo

Olivier Beaute

Good morning Bill,

the muffler on Harmonie is most probably made of stainless steel, not aluminum (unless it has been replaced since new).
It may probably be repaired unless the leak is in a difficult place.
However, VETUS plastic mufflers are also good products as long as you make sure the sea-water flow is always strong.

Good luck for this job.

Olivier

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 02:57:42 AM GMT+2, michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000@...> wrote:

We installed the LSG Vetas waterlock, part of the repower, happy with the performance. You can have different diameter on the entry/exit. Moved to the fuel tank side,  removed a little bit of foam around the lsg for a nice fit between the engine frame.
Michael Nebo sm251

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 at 10:05 am, CW Bill Rouse
<brouse@...> wrote:
That was Amel's choice on the exYanmar SMs.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...sg
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021, 6:59 PM Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:
Our Amel made aluminum waterlift muffler has started a slow leak, that will not get better by itself.  It has had a long and happy life, but now a replacement is needed.

My inclination is to go with a Vetus LSG75 because it fits the existing hoses, has a large capacity, and the extra flapper valve is attractive at keeping the water where it belongs.

I know others have had to replace these units, and I'd be interested in hearing what model water lift you chose, whey, and if it has been successful for you.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD