Re: WaterLift Muffler for Volvo

Bill Kinney

Thanks Olivier,

The leak in our metal unit is from the middle of the transverse hole.  While it might be technically repairable, to do so would require cutting the entire unit apart and welding new seams all round.  While not exactly cheap, the Vetus units are inexpensive enough that they seem to make this process uneconomical.  We have an exhaust high temperature alarm already in place.  I have seen what happens to this type of muffler when water flow is lost, and the engine continues to run.  It is not pretty!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD