From: Mike Ondra via groups.io <mdondra@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 1, 2021 12:27 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Deck gel coat or paint

Hi Pat,
We have thought about painting/striping the deck.
One consideration is the temperature the tan deck reaches in the sun compared to the white deck areas…tough on bare feet and a contributor to interior temperatures.
Thinking that maybe striping in white would help reduce deck temp.
If painting the tan portion, maybe a lighter color would also help to reduce surface temps.
Just a thought, and wondering if anyone has tried lighter colors to reduce temps.
Mike Ondra
Aletes SM#240 Rock Hall, MD