From: joemac4sail <joemac4sail@...>
Subject: [Amel] Re: Life Raft Location
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 4:26 AM

Hi Barry and Robin

I raised this subject in the past, you can find the results through the search engine. I still think the locker is fine for the storage of your liferaft. Just one thing suggested by another member and that was to raise the liferaft to sit just below the lip of the locker, (we used plastic beer crates cut to size for the job). the technique is now to lift the liferaft partially out of the locker, use the lip as a fulcrum and roll the raft on to the deck. There is considerably less effort required using this method and as you are working beside the cockpit, you are less exposed to the elements. Our raft is a 10 man canister (we do day trips for club members so require a large raft)so a lot heavier.

Regards Joe McDonnell
--- In amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com, "seagasm" <seagasm@... > wrote:

Hi Everyone,we are preparing our SM for a Pacific cruise and have changed the 6 man Zodiac liferaft from a soft pack to a canister that I would prefer to mount on the deck/cabin top. Before I get carried away with my trusty Ryobi drill, does anyone have any suggestions for a most suitable location and WHY?

Best Regards
Barry and Robyn
Tradewinds III SM171