Re: Volvo TMD22 Engine Mounts

Bill Kinney

We are pushing 9000 total hours.  She just keeps working, probably because we run her regularly and take good care of her.  Diesels seem to have as many health issues as humans do with being “couch potatoes.”

Many of the things the people say you “must” do to keep a diesel running for a long life we do not do.  We do not run at high output, unless we have to.  When running under power we usually run for many hours at a steady 2200rpm, rarely running faster. Except for very minor issues, she has never let us down, and never with anything we could not fix ourselves on the fly.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA