Re: Deck gel coat or paint

Ian Park

There was a post about this earlier this year. I think it was Olivier who responded.
The tan part is gel coat and was applied first by workers new to the application of resins. Hence some areas were a bit thinner than others. The next application was white gel coat applied by employees who were properly experienced in getting the gel coat right together with the proper lay up process. The original black stripes were applied by female employees as it was found they were far more accurate than males!! (maybe a useful hint there).
You could check the posts, but I’m sure that was what was said.
I’m pretty sure that the Ivory non slip on the decks is a separate application to the gel layer beneath it.

Ian ‘Ocean Hobo’ SN 96 en route to North Wales