C-Drive 'O' ring replacement in a 1990 Santorin 46ft sloop

Robin (Bea) and Diane

According to the previous owner of my recently purchased Amel 1990 Santorin, the C-Drive 'O' rings and bushings need replacing due to a small leak. I assume there is a dip-stick to check oil levels and see if the oil is milky.  But due to covid restrictions we are unable to return to the vessel and were wondering if salt water will get into the gearbox and cause any rust or damage in the mean time. Hoping someone out there could enlighten me with my concerns. Cheers from Robin and Diane