Re: C-Drive 'O' ring replacement in a 1990 Santorin 46ft sloop

JOHN HAYES

Hi Robin

My boat the same as yours but 1991. There is no dipstick that I’m aware of but we have an oil reservoir under the gunnel above the c drive   It is supposed to be about 2/3 full. Being clear plastic you can see the oil colour

On the c drive and under the propellor is a drain nut. We replace the c drive oil every time we slip

Suppose it depends where you are but in NZ it was simple to replace the seals with stock items available commercially

It’s an ingenious and simple set up

Best
John Hayes

Nga Waka
Wellington

On 3/09/2021, at 1:33 PM, Robin (Bea) and Diane via groups.io <bndsorti@...> wrote:

According to the previous owner of my recently purchased Amel 1990 Santorin, the C-Drive 'O' rings and bushings need replacing due to a small leak. I assume there is a dip-stick to check oil levels and see if the oil is milky.  But due to covid restrictions we are unable to return to the vessel and were wondering if salt water will get into the gearbox and cause any rust or damage in the mean time. Hoping someone out there could enlighten me with my concerns. Cheers from Robin and Diane