Re: Solar panels stainless steel mounted vs soft panels

Ian Park

We have two on the rail also. Like Danny says they swivel easily to angle towards the sun with just the correct tension on the clamps. They have been secure through gale force winds. They are easy enough to unplug, un clamp and store in any threatening situation (never needed to so far).
I also fitted an extra flexible panel on the Bimini this year as we bought a portable cool box/freezer and that has performed well too.
I don’t want the extra weight of an arch and solar panels so far back on my boat.

Ian ‘Ocean Hobo’ SN 96