Re: lithium battery warning

Justin Maguire

Wow…

But they’re somehow ok with new boats with factory installed lithium?

What’s the rationale?

On Sep 3, 2021, at 09:39, Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:

Gowrie Group told us the same thing earlier this year when we tried to get a quote from them.  If you have Lithium batteries installed on you boat and your boat value is greater than US$150,000, Markel will not underwrite an insurance policy.  The brand did not matter.  Self-installed or "professionally" installed did not matter.

I was very happy with the service that I received from Gary Golden at Manifest Marine:  Gary@...

I guess you never really know how happy you are with your insurance policy until you have to use it.  Thankfully, I have not!

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara