Re: Lithium battery costs

Paul Harries

I had seen their pricing
https://battlebornbatteries.com/product/sailboat-12v-600ah/
I was just wondering how much US based pro install of these was relative to china direct buy and diy install.

Ken on Aquarius did an excellent youtube run down on install some time ago, I know he had a fire, unclear if related to install or not.
My impression is that formal guidance on install process andcomponents is absent.

As a potential buyer it seems that diy modification of electrical system, even by those who are very well qualified, could subsequently become an insurance headache.

Would be nice if Amel issued some retrospective manufacturer guidance on this issue.

--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer