Re: Lithium battery costs

Jérémy

In march this year, I've ordered 68 LiFePo4 cells, 150Ah, in China, to build my new battery pack. I've received them last month, and I'm currently charging/balancing them. It will be 28.8KW (24V/1200Ah), and it cost me 3.430USD, including taxes and delivery to France, from China.

Of course there are many other components involved to make it a full/safe battery pack, including : properly sized wires, bus bars, fuses & fuses holder, contactor (about 250USD), and of course a shunt and a BMS (I choose Batrium, with 4x K9 Cells about 1.500USD)....

I would say, DIY is very time consuming (you have to read and learn a lot...), very slow (I've ordered parts from Australia, US, and China... in a context of a worldwide cargo traffic jam). But, it's wayyy cheaper, and you know exactly how all this works, how to monitor it, etc... and that's probably the main reason I went down this road !

Jérémy
SM#121
Le 04/09/2021 à 17:05, Paul Harries via groups.io a écrit :

Can anyone put the a price on typical USA manufactured and professionally installed lithium system vs order from china diy system?
--
Paul Harries
Prospective Amel Buyer