Re: Lithium battery costs

Andrew & Kate Lamb

That’s an interesting figure – I have been exploring the concept of an Oceanvolt drive for the supermaramu with an 18KW DC generator to provide range only dependent on the diesel tank size. A 40KW motor system with 28kWh lithium batteries and the DC generator + 5K 48/230 inverter and 48/24 V convertor comes in installed at just over 100K euros. There recommendation is that one would not touch the existing battery system but just charge it from the lithium batteries / generator - 230v power would directly from the lithium batteries / generator. At the moment I am not even sure there would be space to install such as system and also if the C drive is compatible, but it has some appeal to it.

Andrew

Ronpische SM 472

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Billy Newport via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, September 5, 2021 3:48 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lithium battery costs

I had Maine yacht center install 1200ah of lithionics batteries with 1200w of solbian solar, 300a api alternator and 2 x 3kw victron inverter chargers. 90k usd with about half that being labor.

Billy

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.