Re: [Amel] Re: I Cant Upload Photos and Dessalator watermaker.

Anne and John Hollamby <annejohnholl@...>

Hello Eric,
I am waiting impatently to see you manifold pics. Dare I suggest that you might not have checked in with your Yahoo name and password?
I wrecked the high pressure pump on my 160ltr machine by trying to run it when the low pressure pump was not working properly.I have just sent both pumps and motors back to Dessalator for repair and I will write again if they give me any advice. When removing them I found several faults which might apply to others.On the outboard side of the Catpump there is a thin blue plastic tube which goes to the control panel. The connection to this pipe had a tiny leak and had been spraying a solenoid on the outboard side of the genset with salt water.
When I removed the low pressure pump I separated the pump from the motor and found that the space between them was a solid mass of salt crystals caused,no doubt by a faulty seal in the pump. If your machine is more than a few years old you should get a service kit from Dessalator and change the seals. This will be simple provided that you have a pair of circlip pliers and can face the battle with all the hose connections!

Best wishes, Anne and John, SM 319

----- Original Message -----
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 5:04 AM
Subject: RE: [Amel] Re: I Cant Upload Photos

Jose,

I tried to upload and when I do there is a message in red that states that I
can not upload.

Thanks

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of lji004
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:36 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Re: I Cant Upload Photos

Hi Eric,

Did you succeed? There is nothing wrong.

Regards
Jose Luis

--- In amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "kimberlite1212" <kimberlite@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I tried to upload a photo of a stainless steel raw manifold I had built ,
but it says I do not have the right to upload photos.
> What am I doing wrong?
> Fair Winds,
> Eric
> SM 376 Kimberlite
>

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.