Re: Q sails unacceptable delay

Barry Connor

Hi All,

Just an update:
Very quick response from QSails.
Emrah at QSails just accepted my order condition. Super fast response.
He advised of many delays with supply and shipping company problems with sails going missing in shipping and having to file insurance claims.
Payment by my Visa credit card is a safe way to pay as if the supplier does not deliver you can claim a refund up to 6 months.

Best Regards

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54. #17
Le Marin Marina
Martinique

On Sep 6, 2021, at 08:47, JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:

Jose, I never ordered from them but what I can tell you is that the supply chain is a mess worldwide.

We own a marine business with a plant in Rhode Island. This summer, at the peak of the season we had to simply stop deliveries and we could not get raw materials anymore.

Our business is low tech, no chips, no fancy electronics. We need aluminum bars and plastic for the extrusion machines.

The suplly chain for plastics/fancy fibers (Polyant , Mylar, carbon fiberss) or other products is clogged. Add transportation logjam for containers. The only exception is air shipping. I assume than less travelers --> empty planes --> planes could be converted to cargo shipping. But for our business shipping by plane is prohibitive. I assume it would be the same for QSails to get rolls of cloths by plane would be too expensive.

I have been trying to buy a downwind SUP  paddle since February. One manufacturer has a plant in China, the other in Thailand. I simply can't get one.

Good luck. Hopefully they are upfront about their problems and can tell you whether it comes from them (everybody is buying boats and secondary homes) or from their suppliers.

--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco