Re: Trouble-shooting MHU B&G213

Guillaume,

I had almost the same problem and did all that you did and more, eventually replacing every removable component on the 213MHU.

I went up and down the mast 10-12 times.

Finally, I replaced the 213MHU Mount and wire (25m). The wire is permanently fixed to the mount. Thankfully Dan Carlson helped, or actually did a lot of that replacement, but being the one up the mast.

Good luck, the 213MHU is still the best and longest-lasting MHU you can buy...all of the others are "throw-away" units, meaning when they fail you throw them away.

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 7:00 AM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:
I had a similar problem last year. New transducer. It turned out to be the screen display that was faulty. That was a Raymarine setup. The local agent lent me a working transducer with a short lead to plug into the display which proved which end was the problem.

Ian. ‘Ocean Hobo’ SN96  - Milford Haven