Re: Trouble-shooting MHU B&G213

Mark Erdos

Ian,

Smart move. For the cost of the repair, replace it with something better J I’ve been suckered into two expensive B&G repairs. No more!

I have a good friend who also went this route and he loves the update.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ian Townsend
Sent: Monday, September 6, 2021 8:12 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Trouble-shooting MHU B&G213

After all the trouble and expense of trying to fix two B&G MHUs, I finally solved this problem by replacing it with an Airmar 220WX weather station.

-------- Original message --------

Date: 2021-09-06 1:03 p.m. (GMT-05:00)

To: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>

Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Trouble-shooting MHU B&G213

Guillaume,

I had almost the same problem and did all that you did and more, eventually replacing every removable component on the 213MHU.

I went up and down the mast 10-12 times.

Finally, I replaced the 213MHU Mount and wire (25m). The wire is permanently fixed to the mount. Thankfully Dan Carlson helped, or actually did a lot of that replacement, but being the one up the mast.

Good luck, the 213MHU is still the best and longest-lasting MHU you can buy...all of the others are "throw-away" units, meaning when they fail you throw them away.

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 7:00 AM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:

I had a similar problem last year. New transducer. It turned out to be the screen display that was faulty. That was a Raymarine setup. The local agent lent me a working transducer with a short lead to plug into the display which proved which end was the problem.

Ian. ‘Ocean Hobo’ SN96  - Milford Haven

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.