Re: 24V+ Isolated Ground Leak

Paul Stascavage

Good morning Bill,

I did have a certified electrician aboard a few months back, but all he did was install a new vhf antenna, cable, and vhf unit. I was with him the whole time and am certain that he didn’t install this wire on the negative side of the permanent bus (photo attached). I removed that wire and still have the short with the navigation breaker on

I also disconnected the vhf unit including the antenna and I still have the short with the navigation breaker on.

I’m not sure where to logically start next. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

All the best,

Paul