From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Sep 7, 2021 3:50 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Solar panels stainless steel mounted vs soft panels

Hi Pat, I will measure later on today. I set the swivels so the inboard portion gave me room to pass. This is about 1/3 in 2/3 out. It  clears the rub rail when swiveled down. The room I had did set the size of panel, length as well.. As I have said before I wasn't trying to power a floating condo from solar only.
I let you know later today about the measurement.
Kind Regards
Danny
On 08 September 2021 at 03:51 "Patrick McAneny via groups.io" <sailw32@...> wrote:

Danny, I want to add some more solar and while I never liked the idea of rail mounting ,I don't want to modify my bimini either. My problem is ,that most panels with decent output are approx . 40 + inches wide . From the rail down to the rub rail is only about 26 inches . I would then have over a foot inboard of the rail. How wide of a panel do you recommend ?
Thanks
Pat
SM Shenanigans