Re: 24V+ Isolated Ground Leak

Paul,

I helped you find a potential problem with the two unknown wires connected to the negative side of the 24v PERMANENT BUS.

Did you trace those?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021, 5:57 AM Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:
Hi Martin,

Many Amel boats have been modified (ours included) and perhaps this binding wire was for a piece of equipment that had a metallic connection to saltwater, but that piece of equipment is no longer there.
For example we replaced the Calpeda Air con pump with a March pump. The Calpeda pump is all metal and has a bonding wire connected usually to the metal one way valve on the outlet. The March pump has no metal parts in contact with salt water hence no need for a bonding wire...so it is no longer connected.

Rather than a list of components, as I said many Amels have been modified, you should check and be sure that EVERY metallic part that is in contact with sea water has a bonding wire attached to it...and that bonding wire is connected to the rudder zincs.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437