Re: randomly occurring increases of engine temperature

Trevor Lusty

Jose,
       I had a similar problem. with the Yanmar engine in my SM for almost a year which drove me mad. Finally I bought a new sea water engine pump more out of desperation than discovering the actual fault.
When fitting the new pump I had the old and new pumps sitting together in the cockpit.  I thought I was imagining it, bit when I checked the old one with my callipers the chamber that houses the impeller was almost 2mm wider than the new one from wear.
Fitted the new pump and the temperature returned to and stayed at 80C.
Trevor Lusty
Ireland