Re: randomly occurring increases of engine temperature

Trevor Lusty

Hi Bill,
         This all came about due to taking a detour into the Amazon for a few months. Loads of silt in the water, even sixty miles out of the delta the water was still chocolate brown.
When I came to Ireland I was chatting to some of the local fishermen who told me it was quite normal for them to change out the seawater pumps on their trawlers as they often will plough through sand to get into various bays where they can get a good haul of prawns.
Am I right that the pump on that Yanmar would have been a Swedish make - Johnson?
Best to You & Judy.
Trevor