Additional webbing above tack on Q-Sails Genoa Question

Michael & Robyn

Greetings!

When we helped mounting the new Genoa from Q-Sails on a friends SM I noticed that the sail had an additional webbing above the tack going horizontally across the luff. This allowed to lash the bottom part of the luff closer to the furling profile. I thought this was very clever. Our Genoa made by a different sail-maker in the US does not have this. The bottom 3 feed below the opening where the Genoa's luff is feed into  the groove of the profile is always pulled out. Maybe it is not supposed to to be feed into the grove.
Does anyone have a picture of a Q-Sails Genoa with the extra webbing above the tack?
Any recommendation how you lash the tack of your Genoa to stay in the bottom part of the groove?
Or should the sail not be feed into the bottom 3 feet of the profile?

Thank you in advance for any feedback
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417