Watermaker

Patrick McAneny

A couple of questions, I was told by a water maker dealer in Antigua ,that I need to use special prefilters designed for watermakers .I had up to that point used filter elements I bought at Lowes , 5 and 25 microns. Was he just trying to sell me some expensive elements ,or was he telling me the truth and the prefilters  need to be for water makers specifically ?
Secondly , I have the 160l/hr. model ,could someone remind me of the size elements I need to purchase , and suggest a good place to purchase them in the US.
Thank You,
Pat
SM Shenanigans