Re: 24V+ Isolated Ground Leak

Scott SV Tengah

Amel started connecting rigging to bonding with the 2009 A54s.

My 2007 A54 did not have bonding and rigging connected until I installed a new VHF antenna as the braided shield on the coax is connected to the PL-259 plug, which is electrically connected to the mast on one end and the VHF head unit on the other end. The head unit case is bonded, hence the connection between rigging and bonding.

After this connection, the masse light revealed a neg leak in the rigging from a chafed bow light neg wire that was undetectable by the masse light prior.

--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69