Re: LLC or Corporate ownership of vessel

John Clanton

For what it’s worth, I considered corporate ownership when I purchased my boat in 2018, but after weighing the pros and cons, I kept the individual ownership because of the potential issues in non-US waters.

If I had gone the LLC route, I would have created multiple originals of very official looking documents (stamps, notarizations, wax seals, and any other conceivable bling) clearly stating that I was the designated master of the vessel and that I had all authority to act on behalf of the LLC.

If I was only operating in US waters, I wouldn’t think twice about it and would own the vessel in an LLC.

John W. Clanton

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited.