Re: Shore - Generator Switch-over box on A54 #solution

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Ruedi;

There are electrical schematics in the original AMEL operator’s manual in the Appendix section, that came with the yacht, that show how they are wired. Attached is the schematic for the K1-K2 switchover relays.

I believe K1 and K2 switch/relays make the selection of power source.  Power first  goes through K1 which selects the source between shore power and generator. I believe that generator has priority over shore power. Once this source is selected, it goes through K2, which selects between the output of K1 and the inverter, with the output of K1 having higher priority.

I am fairly certain that the priority is:

  1. Generator
  2. Shore power
  3. Inverter

Respectfully;