Re: Shore - Generator Switch-over box on A54 #solution

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Mohammad and Aty

Thank you for the drawing which helped me a lot. Exactly this page was not in my documentation. Don’t know why?

I found in the 220V Panel drawing K1- and K2-source referenced, but without any detail about K1 and K2. Now everything is very clear and you are absolutely right with the priorities.

  • When there is Power from the Generator, K1 is interrupting the Shore supply and switching to Generator with the K1 Relay.
  • When there is any Power from any K1 source (GE or Shore), K2 is active and the Inverter is not switched because K2 is keeping the Inverter 220V output unswitched (offline).
    • Even if the inverter is ON, it can’t deliver 220V to the panel, because K2 is ON as long as K1 delivers power.

This sound a bit complicated but it’s finally the priority GEN, Sore, Inverter as you said.

BTW: What is your Lithium Project doing? You have changed KOKOMO to Lithium meanwhile?

Thanks and fair winds

Ruedi & Sabina Waldispuehl

"SY WASABI"

Amel 54. #55

Currently in Estepona heading to Gibraltar

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> im Auftrag von Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>
Datum: Donnerstag, 16.
September 2021 um 07:40
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Shore - Generator Switch-over box on A54 #solution

Hi Ruedi;

There are electrical schematics in the original AMEL operator’s manual in the Appendix section, that came with the yacht, that show how they are wired. Attached is the schematic for the K1-K2 switchover relays.

I believe K1 and K2 switch/relays make the selection of power source.  Power first  goes through K1 which selects the source between shore power and generator. I believe that generator has priority over shore power. Once this source is selected, it goes through K2, which selects between the output of K1 and the inverter, with the output of K1 having higher priority.

I am fairly certain that the priority is:

  1. Generator
  2. Shore power
  3. Inverter

Respectfully;