Re: LLC or Corporate ownership of vessel

Scott SV Tengah

I was only asked for a cert of competency a handful of times. Croatia was the most stringent and I watched an American skipper kick and scream that his state's safety course should be accepted and how he has sailed all the way from the US, etc.

He ended up having the choice between taking a course there for a lot of money or not entering the country.

The ICC is the world standard but since the US isn't a signatory to that treaty, none of our courses give us an ICC. Croatia specifically lists the ICC equivalent documents.

https://www.croatia-yachting-charter.com/images/documents/acceptable-licences-sailing-croatia.pdf

Ostensibly it's for chartering, but I can attest that they apply the rule for entering on your own private vessel.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69