Re: LED under cabinet lighting

Bill Kinney

Pat,

It's always a little dicey doing what you suggest.  Part of the reason is that on a boat "24V" isn't ever really "24V"  It can range up to almost 29V depending on your battery charging scheme.  LEDs that are setup for a constant 24V might have a shortened lifespan driven at high voltages.

I KNOW you can find marine grade LEDs and controllers to do exactly what you want that will be honestly rated for 10 to 30V.  You might pay a bit more, but...

We did basically the same thing, except with plain white LEDs.  What a difference:  Cooking in the galley with BRIGHT lights!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA