Re: LED under cabinet lighting

Michael Winand

We went with a 4 colour led, needs to be attached to a aluminum strip, for the heat sink. Has a diffusion cover.
Went with a wired controller,  it has dimmer,  3 white colour choice,  took the power from the galley exhaust fan.
Lots of choices these days.
Michael Nebo sm251

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021, 12:36 pm Germain Jean-Pierre, <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hello Gang,

We added a bright white LED string under the cabinet above the sink and extended it all the way to the port most locker. Lots of light

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera SM007. NZ’s

On 19/09/2021, at 1:49 PM, Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:

Pat,

It's always a little dicey doing what you suggest.  Part of the reason is that on a boat "24V" isn't ever really "24V"  It can range up to almost 29V depending on your battery charging scheme.  LEDs that are setup for a constant 24V might have a shortened lifespan driven at high voltages.

I KNOW you can find marine grade LEDs and controllers to do exactly what you want that will be honestly rated for 10 to 30V.  You might pay a bit more, but...

We did basically the same thing, except with plain white LEDs.  What a difference:  Cooking in the galley with BRIGHT lights!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA